Last Updated November 2021
We take the health and safety of our children, families, staff and visitors very seriously.
Our school, like all other state-registered preschools, is following all protocols required by the Oregon Early Learning Division (Child Care Division) regarding health and safety. We are closely following all recent guidelines, and offer new information to our families as well as update our protocols on a regular basis.
At OCP all staff are trained to deal with communicable diseases. This includes, but is not limited to, our process for sanitizing surfaces, performing wellness checks, and watching for symptoms.
Below are just some of the ways we protect our children, families and staff:
- All staff are fully up-to-date on vaccines, including the Covid-19 booster shot.
- All staff, children and visiting adults are required to wear masks full time, indoors and outdoors.
- All eligible family members are required to be fully vaccinated.
- Each school morning we conduct a wellness check before a child enters our school, which includes:
- Asking parents/guardians if anyone in their family been recently exposed to Covid-19 or if they are experiencing any related symptoms.
- Infrared temperature checks documented in a log book.
- HEPA air filters running before, during and after the school day to purify the indoor air.
- Fully clean and reset the school every school day which includes:
- Sanitize all touch surfaces and bathroom surfaces.
- Sweep, mop and vacuum all appropriate floor surfaces.
- Wash and dry reusable hand towels using “sanitize” cycles.